The summer hasn’t officially begun yet as of writing out this little journal entry, but that certainly wouldn’t stop me from sharing this delicious recipe for my new favorite cocktail, the Aperol Spritz.
I think I was introduced to the drink originally years ago after a girlfriend of mine moved to Florence for a bit (and I will NEVER forgive myself for not visiting her while she was there 😭), and my other girlfriend who DID go see her came home and shared this delicious drink she had everywhere in Firenze.
Fast forward nearly ten years to just a few months ago, when over brunch with a different girlfriend, this beautiful pinky-peachy drink caught my eye. It was refreshing and light, with a fizzy grapefruit taste. It was instant dangerous love – dangerous because I learned how easy they are to make.
And now you can join Beyoncé and me, crazy in love with the aperol spritz.
- 1 cup cubed ice
- 4 jiggers prosecco or champagne
- 2 jiggers Aperol aperitif
- splash of soda water
- fresh mint & fruit for garnish (optional)
1. Fill wine glass halfway with ice cubes.
2. Combine prosecco and aperol, and stir to mix.
3. Top off with splash of soda water, and garnish drink.
4. Drink and enjoy immediately, and most likely make yourself a second and third one shortly after.